Following the success of the 2014 and 2015 Devon Life ‘Home Cook of the Year’, Bradburys is proud to once again sponsoring the cookery competition in 2016.
Six contestants have cooked their way to a place in the finals, which will take place at the Bradburys kitchen showroom in Exeter over the weekend of Saturday 8th October and Sunday 9th October 2016. Also sponsoring the event alongside Bradburys is ALNO, Miele, Zip and Flint & Flame.
All six finalists will exhibit their cooking skills by preparing their favourite dish, using Miele appliances in a working ALNO kitchen at the lively, open semi-final on Saturday 8th. Members of the public are invited to attend the event to support the participants and enjoy a day of food, drink and festivities – book your place here!
Mentoring the contestants in the semi-final will be Sous Chefs from the judges’ Michelin-starred restaurants. They will help Devon Life magazine decide which three will go through to the final on Sunday 9th.
The final will see the remaining three contenders cook a three-course meal of their choice within two hours, in front of a panel of six judges:
- Alex Murdin – Winner of Devon Home Cook of the Year 2015 (Pictured right)
- Catherine Courtenay – Assistant Editor and Food Editor of Devon Life magazine
- Sven-Hanson Britt – Miele Executive Chef and MasterChef: The Professionals 2014 finalist
- Anton Piotrowski – Joint winner of MasterChef: The Professionals 2012 and Owner of Michelin Star restaurant, The Treby Arms
- Mark Dodson – Owner of Michelin Star restaurant, The Masons Arms
- Michael Wignall – Executive Head Chef at the Michelin-starred Gidleigh Park
The overall winner will then be announced at the Devon Life Food and Drink Awards gala evening in November and for the first time, the winner of the Devon ‘Home Cook of the Year 2016’ will also be granted a place in the final of the South West Chef of the Year 2017competition.
The finalists will prepare and cook their dishes in style, demonstrating the distinct beauty and quality of the German-manufactured ALNO furniture. Spectators of the competition are invited to browse our inspirational showroom and discover the luxury that an ALNO kitchen brings.
Please book your place at the event here.Tweet