We recently enjoyed a wonderful two days hosting the annual Devon ‘Home Cook of the Year’ competition for the third consecutive year.
The six semi-finalists – Jack Ferrett, Chris Davis, Emy Mordue, Minna Gibbs-Nicholls, Karen Walker and Lucinda Ellicott – took to our working ALNO kitchens on Saturday 8th October, in a bid to make it to the final.
After impressing the judges in the semi-finals, Chris Davis, Emy Mordue and Karen Walker made it through to the final on Sunday 9th October, where they had to cook a three-course meal of their choice within two hours, in front of a panel of six judges:
- Alex Murdin – Winner of Devon Home Cook of the Year 2015
- Catherine Courtenay – Assistant Editor and Food Editor of Devon Life magazine
- Sven-Hanson Britt – Miele Executive Chef and MasterChef: The Professionals 2014 finalist
- Anton Piotrowski – Joint winner of MasterChef: The Professionals 2012 and Owner of Michelin Star restaurant, The Treby Arms
- Mark Dodson – Owner of Michelin Star restaurant, The Masons Arms
- Michael Wignall – Executive Head Chef at the Michelin-starred Gidleigh Park
Best of luck to the three finalists, you all did tremendously well, and we’re sure the judges will have a difficult job choosing a winner!
The overall winner will be announced at the Devon Life Food and Drink Awards gala evening in November and for the first time, the winner of the Devon ‘Home Cook of the Year 2016’ will also be granted a place in the final of the South West Chef of the Year 2017 competition.Tweet